Sunday, October 19, 2014

"I love to see the Temple"

Oct. 18, 2014

Well I don't really have any funnies to share this week. Hopefully this next week when we get our mini-missionary, I'll have some good ones for you! Oh and next week, I will know if I am getting transferred or not. Exciting stuff!

This week was amazing! We had an awesome P-day last week. We went out to the big shopping center and went window shopping. It was fun. There is also a 17th Century ship in the harbor, that we went and saw. It was really cool!! I also heard from the Missionaries in Ghent that they saw the Burke's!! They are a family that lives in my home Stake in Germany.  They told me that they said hi! It was awesome to hear from them through the missionaries down there. Oh I love hearing from people back home! It is weird being so close to home.

We had some pretty incredible miracles this week. We went to the Temple this week. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! Not having the option of going to the Temple, has really made me appreciate the blessing of the Temple. This is the 2nd time I have gone on my mission and it was exactly what I needed. I learned so much. The spirit you feel there is truly incredible. The next time I go to the Temple is in April. I have another 6 months until I go again. But I know that the Lord will sustain me. OH how I love the Temple. We also had an amazing lesson with our investigator Vivian this week. We decided to teach him about Baptism and Confirmation yesterday. We weren't sure how it was going to go but we were hopeful to set a baptismal date with him. We had taught him about the word of wisdom in our last appointment and he had committed to stop smoking. We have asked him about setting a baptismal date before and he Always was reluctant. So yesterday, we started teaching him and explaining the importance of baptism. He told us that he understood how important it is. He also said that he has been praying to know what the Lord wants him to do and if the Book of Mormon is true. He said that he hadn't received an answer. We then explained that sometimes we need to set a date, in order to show our faith that God will answer our prayers. After a lot of explaining and discussing, he just said to us "We will just pick a date." So we did!! Vivian is scheduled to be baptized on the 29th of November!!! He said that he is going to take the next week to pray and focus on God, so he can receive an answer and also stop smoking. He knows that he has a lot to change but he wants to do it. He held up his baptismal calendar yesterday and told us that this is where he is going to start, he is going to change! Oh it was amazing. He is changing so much. I love being able to see people change their lives and become who the Lord needs and wants them to be. He is going to receive an answer!! He is going to do it!! Oh I love him so much!! It was truly an incredible day! Pray for him please, that he will receive an answer!

While we were in our appointment with Vivian, I realized how blessed I am to be here in the Netherlands serving a mission. I get to watch people change and help people come closer to Christ. I love that I get to be here serving my Heavenly Father 24 hours a day!! I have planted my feet in a mission and nothing is going to take me out!!

I know that this gospel is true and I am so grateful for it!

Vergeet nooit om in God te vertrouwen.

Zuster Adams
A weird statue in Lelystad. No clue why...there are a lot of strange things here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment