Thursday, October 9, 2014

Spiders, Smoke, and Sunshine‏

Sept. 8, 2014

What an incredible week it has been! It feels like a year has gone by since I last wrote. Time is a strange thing. 
We had so funny things happen this week: We went to across the Dyke to a little village that is a part of our branch and we tried to rent bikes and usually you just put your train pass on the bike cage and the door opens and you take a bike. Well...it wasn't working and we saw another machine inside the cage...so Sister Heilner "broke in" or I guess slid under the glass walls and tried to get the door open. She was successful but the machine inside ending up not working either...annoying. Also, The Netherlands has MASSIVE spiders EVERY WHERE!!!! It is weird. I have never seen so many spiders in my life. They take over everything. Also, we were try to warm up a tortilla and we forgot that it was in the oven and the fire alarm went off and we successfully smoked up our apartment. Rest assured we got it all under control but it made our sunday afternoon a little more exciting. 
We met with Charlie throughout this week and she is doing so good. We set a baptismal date with her for February 21st. I know it is a long ways away but she can't get baptized until she is 18. We taught her the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom this week and she gladly accepted to following them. She has a few things she has to work through but she is wants to start a new life. I love meeting with her. She is so eager to join the church. I love seeing her enthusiasm. It helps me have enthusiasm for the gospel too. Then we met with Marit and we read 2 Nephi 2 with her because she hadn't read it. After reading and explaining it, she said to us that she was planning on telling us that she didn't want to meet with us anymore but after reading that chapter she became interested and decided this was something she did want. It was incredible. Sister Heilner and I almost forgot that we were going to read that with her so it was incredible that the spirit reminded us and we were able to give her exactly what she needed at that time. The spirit was so strong in that lesson. Sister Spencer also came on exchanges here this week which was awesome! I got a chance to be with one of my best friends again!! We had a great time catching up. We also taught an awesome first lesson to a woman from Ghana. She totally understood that if she reads the Book of Mormon she can know if the church is true. She told us that reading isn't a crime and that she wants to read it. It was amazing!!! The Lord is blessing us so much. We have 4 progressing investigators and 1 baptismal date. Looking back at where we started 5 weeks ago, it is amazing to see how much Heavenly Father has blessed us. We had faith that the work would go forth here and it has and will continue. I love being led by the spirit and learning every day. 
This past week has been one of learning and reflection. I have been trying really hard to find out who I am. We are often asked to make goals of where we want to be at the end of our missions and if you don't know where you are at then you can' t make goals for the future so I am studying a lot and trying to find out my unique gifts and talents. I am learning a lot and truly beginning to see my worth and the worth of those around me. 
Remember always that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and that he will give us the exact circumstances that we need in order to grow. I love this gospel and the chance I have to share it every day. 
Liefs, 
Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment