Monday, November 3, 2014

3 is Better than 2

This week was one of the funniest weeks of my mission!! We had so much fun with our mini-missionary, Zuster Stein! She is the most prepared pre-missionary I have ever seen! She is going to work miracles! Also, I found out that I am staying another transfer in Lelystad!! I am getting Sister Robbins as a companion. She is still a greenie so I will finish training her!! I've heard she is great so I can't wait! First time with a younger companion! It should be fun!

Funnies:
1. We were sitting in District Meeting and we looked down and there was a worm in the middle of the church building...not sure how it got in. We sat for the next 10 minutes trying to convince the Elders to eat it.
2. We were on exchanges and Sister Stein and I were in Lelystad with Sister Spencer. We tried to exchange back and it was terrible. We had to get to Den Haag central station and we got stuck in Amsterdam because there was apparently a confused man on the tracks...They shut down all the trains in between Den Haag and Leiden. It was terrible. So we ended up just going back to our cities and waiting until the next morning to switch back. It was crazy. I have never seen so many trains get canceled in a 5 minute period. The reader board was hillarious.
3. We have this awesome couple in our ward and they had us over for dinner twice this week and we went fishing and bobbing for fishes to get our dessert!! It was amazing! Pictures are attached. Also, we found out that the wife and I have the same birthday!! YEAH!!
4. We were in a lesson at the Library this week and I looked down at Sister Stein's skirt and there was a giant bumble bee crawling down her skirt! It was so weird. So we quickly ran out and let the bumble bee go. It was rather funny.
5. We were making pancakes at a members house this week and I was trying to be all cool and flip the the pancake in the pan without a spatula...I dropped it on the gas stove and smoked up the house...I am going to work on the my flipping skills.

This week was hillarious and it was wonderful! We saw a lot of miracles this week and I feel really grateful that I get to keep seeing the miracles here in Lelystad. We picked up Sister Stein and oh man she is amazing! I love her so much! We finally set up an appointment with a lady we have been trying to get one with for a couple weeks now so that was good. Hopefully, it goes through this week! We had 2 really incredible lessons with Charlie this week. She is so ready to be baptized. I wish she didn't have to wait until she is 18 but it is okay. The Lord has a plan. We did find out that she is moving to Almere in 2 weeks. I am really sad about that. We will see if we will keep teaching her. I am not sure if it will be easier for us or the Elders in Almere(which is 15 minutes away) to teach her. I am going to miss her though. She wrote a letter to God this week and I loved how open she was. She has her struggles but she has found the light of the gospel and it truly is a blessing for me to see how happy the gospel has made her. While we were on the train to Schiphol this week, we met these awesome girls from Groningen! We had a great conversation about the gospel and they were asking good questions. We gave them our card and Sister Stein is in Groningen all the time so she told them to find her on facebook and they could meet up sometime!! It was awesome! I love how the Lord puts people in our path. We also met this guy on the train this week who saw all of our name tags and asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses and we told him that we weren't. He started asking all these questions and then took a picture of our card and sent it to his good friend. He said that his friend is super interested in all religions. I hope his friend calls us soon!! It was so cool. We also handed out a Book of Mormon to this shop owner in town. We then went by and gave him and his two friends a lesson this week. I hope we can go by soon! He is super cool! His friend was asking how he could become a missionary. It was awesome! We had a relief society activity this week and there were 3 non-members! They seemed to have a great time. Our biggest miracle of the week was a lesson we had with our investigator Maria! We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and asked her if she would want to be baptized. She said that she wants to and wants to get a calendar so she can plan it out. She understands so much and asks incredible questions!! I love teaching her! She reminds me a lot of my Great-Grandma Barbara! It is really cool to teach her. We are taking a Baptismal Calendar to her tonight. The work is going really well here in Lelystad!! We have 2 baptismal dates and hopefully another tonight! We definitely need to find some new investigators but overall, life is good!!

I was really nervous for transfer calls this week. I had no clue what was going to happen but I felt a lot of peace. I know that I am where the Lord needs me and I am excited to see what this transfer has in store. My first 2 companions go home on Wednesday. I am pretty sad about that but it is okay. They are on to amazing things!!

I am learning so much of how I have to trust in the Lord because his plan is so much better than our own. We were not sent to earth to figure it out on our own. We were sent here to learn to listen to our Father in Heaven who truly knows what is best for us. I love this gospel and how much it has taught me!! We are going to see miracles in Lelystad this transfer!!

Het is de begin van iets nieuwe!!

Zuster Adams
Weird car we saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment