Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What are all these red dots?

June 28, 2015

Well this week we had a lot of plans but they didn't end up happening...because of some red dots but I'll explain that later in the email now on to funnies! 

Funnies: 
1. I might have said this last week but we did Bollywood dancing with the Gent sisters last week for p-day. We looked hilarious but it was really fun! Someday, you will see the video. 
2. Sister Hanny is very crafty. This week she decided to cut out a map of the world miniature version and use it on our weekly planners. Well she some how lost Australia and was very upset about it. But no worries, the joy that filled her heart when she found Australia was amazing. She compared it to the Savior finding a lot sheep. She loves her crafts! :) 

Well there would be more funnies but I'll explain why I am lacking a bit in the funny area. We had a wonderful Monday evening after p-day. The elders taught a great group lesson to our investigators and our investigator Eline has decided she wants to be baptized sooner than September now!!! I am so excited for her. We are meeting with her tonight and I hope we can set a date for before I leave! But during that lesson I started to feel a little off. I felt unusually tired. I didn't think much of it and went to bed early that night. The next day we had district meeting. We went to a great appointment with Benjamin(other baptismal date) and I still felt kind of off. We had correlation that night and I said to the members and also my companion that something didn't feel right. I felt a little achy and not myself. It wasn't enough to make me go home just notice that things weren't right. Well Wednesday morning comes and I go to take a shower...when I discover red dots all over me. I had the Chicken Pox! I quickly called the mission president's wife. She was super worried that I would cause an epidemic among the missionaries because I had been around a good portion of them in the last 24hours. Sister Hanny and I were quarantined for the next 4 days...terrible. I have had the vaccine but apparently 20 percent of the people that get the vaccine still get chicken pox...I am in the lucky 20 percent. My ward mission leader lovingly told me that I was sacrificing myself so that others wouldn't have to be in the 20 percent. So we spent all of last week, except for yesterday, in our apartment. We slept a lot. We read our scriptures a ton. We watched every movie that our apartment had and the elders brought us the ones they had. And Sister Hanny made a lot of planner covers. The ward members were so helpful though. They brought us food and medicine. Our ward mission leader gave me a blessing too. It was quite the week. By yesterday, I was really ready to get out. We did some great work yesterday. We met with our two baptismal dates and they are incredible. It is easy to teach them!! Oh man, I am so excited for them to get baptized next week. So this week was odd and not as I expected but it was good. I realized that I want nothing more than to give everything to the Lord. I got robbed 4 days of work to chicken pox. I don't want to lose another. I am going to work so hard in the next few weeks! Being sick made me appreciate the fact that I am a missionary. I love this work! I hope you all have a great week! 

Waterpoken zijn geweldig!! :) 

Zuster Adams

Picture from our bike ride this morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment