Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Trusting in the Lord

July 20, 2015


This week was a wonderful week! We had Zone Conference with our new mission president and also had 2 baptisms and 4 confirmations! 

Funnies: 
1. We found out at Zone Conference that our mission has to wear helmets now. People were not happy...I have permission to not buy one because I only have 2 weeks and they are expensive. My poor companions were sad though. They had us sing "Nephi's Courage" afterwards...it was so funny. "The Lord gives us commandments and asks us to obey. Sometimes I am tempted to choose another way. When I'm discouraged, and think I cannot try, I will be courageous, and I will reply: "I will go; I will do the thing the Lord commands." 
2. We roasted marshmallows in the rain under umbrellas at the Bishop's house this week. We looked pretty funny. We had some good marshmallows though! 
3. We had one mishap at the baptism...our investigators mom(is a member) brought Ice Tea to the reception after the baptism. We will have to teach the Word of Wisdom again...I had told her before but apparently I didn't explain it well enough. It was pretty awkward and funny. 
4. We had a lunch appointment this week. It is the cutest family! They have three kids under the age of 6. They said that after we ate they had a surprise for us. After lunch we went outside and they all had waterballoons. We then had an awesome waterfight with the kids! It was so much fun! 
5. Our investigators have a Parrot. They let it out of its cage this week and it flew all over the house during our lesson. Sister Hanny about died and the bird almost hit us multiple times. It was crazy! 
6. I got sick again...this time I had a sore throat and felt sick to my stomach! I can't seem to be healthy anymore. I honestly just laugh about it. My companions tell me it is because I am old. I guess they have a point. 

I don't have a ton of time to write today but I will write the important things! We are seeing a lot of miracles!

Usually when there are so many baptisms the work slows down. The work isn't slowing down. I feel like we are as busy as ever! We keep getting referrals. Also, the people that were baptized have family that want to take the lessons. It is really incredible. Nathalie and Suzeth are doing amazing! Suzeth's mom wants to take the lessons now. Our first appointment is on Tuesday. I am excited to teach her the lessons! The baptisms this week were amazing! Benjamin and Kayla are so cool! A ton of people came to support and it was a really good service. They were both beaming afterwards. Right after the baptism I talked to their Dad who is not a member. I jokingly said "well you can be next." He laughed and then said to his daughter Amelia "We will be baptized together." I looked at him surprised and he said "I promised her that." It was a beautiful and very tender moment. He is an incredible man and I am excited to see what happens. All four of our baptisms got confirmed on Sunday. Wow, it was incredible! All the blessings were amazing and exactly what each of them needed to hear. Nathalie said that she felt so much warmth and love. Benjamin is 20 and has thought about maybe serving a mission. His blessing said that there would come a time when the Lord would call him to serve a mission! We were so excited!!! I could hardly stay composed. He will be a wonderful missionary! We have a lot planned for this week too! We set two more baptismal dates this week so we are hopeful that they will go through. We have made it a goal to find a lot of new people to teach in the next 2 weeks. I love teaching the first lesson and hope that we can teach it a lot! My companions are great! We have a lot of fun. We laugh a lot and tease each other a lot! Zone Conference was really good! It was the last one on my mission. I had the chance to give my testimony. It was a strange moment to be standing before all those missionaries and to say what I had learned on my mission. I have learned a lot. I have changed a lot. But the thing that I have learned more than anything else is to trust in the Lord and to seek only to do his will. I have gotten pretty good at that. I am a long ways from perfect but I feel much more confident in my trust and faith in the Lord. I hope that the young missionaries keep strong and let the Lord change and mold them. The Lord knows who we can become and knows what we need to go through to get there. It is wonderful! I love being refined and changed. It isn't easy but it is so worth it. I feel so blessed! The gospel is true and it changes lives! The new mission president is really good! He is perfect for the mission at this time and I am excited to see the changes that the mission will have in the next 3 years. It is weird to be on the tail end of such a significant chapter in my life. I remember always seeing others hit this point and thinking they were so wise. I can't say I am wise but I definitely have more knowledge than before. I am grateful for what I have learned. I am not slowing down. We have so much to do!! I can't wait to work hard this week! 

Beproevingen zijn een cadeautje van onze hemelse vader, 

Zuster Adams 



No comments:

Post a Comment