Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Lord will fight for you!

July 13, 2015

This week was crazy and really long!! We were so blessed this week though! Sister Huber is now with us and we have so much fun together! 

Funnies: 
1. We went and watched the Tour de France in Antwerpen and we were on International Television!!! The members here watched it and recorded us on tv! Missionaries are famous! 
2. We took the bus and Sister Hanny didn't make it out on time. Sister Huber went and found her at the next bus stop. 
3. We were walking through the centrum and all of a sudden a felt a burning on my foot. I flicked my shoe off and whatever was on my foot. I looked and realized that I had kicked up a burning cigarette butt on my foot...I have officially been burned by a cigarette! YEAH! 
4. Two little girls that we are teaching brought their pet bunny to church on Sunday. I have seen dogs in churches but never a bunny! 
5. Sister Huber and Elder Paur got up to share their testimonies because they are both new in the ward. They broke the microphone...so they had to find another mic and it looked pretty funny. 


This week was incredible! We saw a lot of miracles and were at peace with a lot of things! The first half of our week was a little odd. We had a really good lesson with Eline! She is so ready to get baptized! Her answers are incredible. I am so excited for the first weekend in August! Wednesday was a bit strange. I went to the airport with all the elders going home. I spent the whole day with them. It was really fun to talk to all of them. They are like my big brothers. I am going to miss them. I met the new mission president and his wife. They are incredible!!! They are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. I know that they are supposed to be the new leaders of this mission. I am bummed I will only have a month with them. We had a testimony that night and it was really wonderful. The spirit was so strong and it was cool to see how much all the elders had grown. Thursday was a bit crazy. I had to meet back up with my companions who had spent the day in Amsterdam with the sisters there. We met back up, caught a train, and headed back down to Belgium. We then had about 5 back to back appointments. It was crazy! We made it though. We had Suzette and Natalie's baptismal interviews! We were a little worried that they wouldn't pass but it all worked out. They got baptized yesterday. It was incredible to see my first baptisms on my mission. I couldn't have been more happy. I felt a lot of peace too. I have been having a lot of doubts lately about everything. It has been really hard and confusing. But after seeing the baptisms and seeing how happy Natalie and Suzette were I remembered that the gospel is wonderful and that I do know that it is true. Sometimes we get so caught up in the details of life that we forget to stop and smell the roses. Yesterday, I stopped and smelled the roses. Natalie said that she has never felt so much love and peace in her life. The walls that were surrounding here were gone and she felt free. It was amazing. When we choose to believe, that is when peace and reassurance comes. We had another miracle this week. We were knocking doors and taught a man the restoration on his drive way. He took a Book of Mormon and wants us to come back. He was so cool and realized after our conversation that he does have faith and does believe. It was so cool! Benjamin and Kyla are getting baptized this saturday. We have been planning a lot and getting a lot of things ready but I think it will all work out. They are all so prepared and ready. I also really love my companions. We laugh and have a lot of fun! It is fun having 2 companions. It is a working progress with teaching but it is really fun! It is interesting, my investigators were going through a lot of opposition this week and I was experiencing it too. Satan does not want us to feel joy or happiness. He wants us to be scared and confused. Those feelings do not come from God. I realized this week that I want to believe. I want to trust more fully and completely in my Heavenly Father. He has a plan for me and he will make sure that it works out. He will fight for me! And as I realized this, I realized that God fights for all of us. If we submit to his will and trust in him, he will fight our battles as we exercise faith! I know that the gospel is true and I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. His grace is real and it will save us! I feel so blessed to be serving here in Lokeren. It really is incredible what is happening! I couldn't be more happy and at peace! 

Vergeet nooit hoe dicht bij onze hemelse vader is! 

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment