Sunday, June 21, 2015

No Time

June 1, 2015

So I will write a longer email next week. We went to Brugge today and then the Elders forgot to give us the key to the church so...now we have no time to email. It was super weird to be in Brugge...I was there with my family about 3 years ago. Weird deja vu. 

This past week was good. It was really hard to leave Amsterdam. I went out with a bang though. We set a baptismal date with Alberto in my last appointment in Amsterdam. It was amazing!! He is the coolest guy ever! I am so excited for him. I miss Sister Mashburn but it will be okay. I forgot a ton of stuff in Amsterdam so hopefully she can get it all to me. Also, I may have accidently deleted all the pictures from my mission off my camera this week. I was pretty upset. But it is okay. My companions have a lot so I will get their pictures. I also found out that Charlie and Vivian are getting baptized soon! I am so happy for them. Transfer day was good. A little crazy and really long. I didn't get to Lokeren until about 6 at night. Sister Hanny is great. We will have a lot of fun together. They have 3 baptismal dates here. We are hoping to have 4 baptisms this transfer. I may have gone my whole mission without a baptism but the Lord will bless me here. The ward here is amazing. Some of the members know my family! The world is so small! It is fun though. The ward mission leader is amazing. I am excited to work with him. Belgium is so beautiful!! I love it! It is definitely different from Nederland. It will be good though. No one understands my dutch here. They speak vlaams which is a different version of dutch. I have had multiple people tell me that they couldn't understand me. Oh man, the Lord is humbling me. :) 

This transfer will be good. It will be different and a lot of learning. I am excited to work here and to see the work progress!

Belgie, hier spreken ze vlaams!  

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment