Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring is in the Air!!!

Feb 16, 2015


Funnies for the week: 
1. This week we really struggled with public transportation. We took multiple wrong buses and trams and metros. But its all good. We made it to all of our appointments with the help of Heavenly Father. 
2. Sister Karlson's bike got a flat tire and the elders attempted to fix it...It didn't work. It was pretty funny to watch them try to fix it though. 
3. I was on exchange in Ijmuiden and we were walking around the centrum(town is really small so one street back and forth). We were trying to find people with the hour we had left. We saw this man and a little bit ahead of us...we decided to walk fast(He was walking away from us) and try and talk to him. Well he turned around and saw us...awkward. We proceeded to stop following him. 
4. Sunday was a struggle...:) We were baking cookies and forgot that they were in the oven. They were black. Later, I tried to warm up the butter because my companion had made homemade rolls(so good!!). Well I forgot that the warping of the butter was made of aluminum foil. It caught on fire...terrifying. No worries, we were okay. Then we went to our appointment and we needed to get to the Church by 8:45 pm to meet the Elders. We got out of our appointment at 8:30 and walked to the bus stop. We were 500 meters away when we watched the bus drive away. We were so sad...We could wait for the next bus or walk. We walked all the way to the Tram stop near our home about 2.5 km in 20 minutes. We were walking so fast and we made the Tram to get to the church. It was amazing. We were tired to say the least. Somehow we made it only 10 minutes late to the church. Sunday was a weird day. 

This week was really good. A little bit of a struggle but still really good. We met with our ward mission leader at the end of the week and discussed what we need to do to help Amsterdam. We decided that we need to look for families and need to be praying to fill certain callings. We need to build up this ward and find some needed people to fill leadership positions. So we are going to be working together with all the missionaries and the ward to make this happen. We announced it to the ward council and they seemed very enthusiastic. I am excited to find families and make things happen here. We met with our investigator, Justin. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this past week. It was a hard lesson. He struggled with a lot of the things we taught him. But at the end of the lesson he asked us how we knew it was true. He wants to know if what we are teaching is true. I know that he will receive an answer if he asks heavenly father! We also met with Karlijn! She is amazing. She is going to work on reading, praying, and coming to church. She came to Church on Sunday and really enjoyed it. It was great to have her there. She is going to try and come next week. When I was on exchange in Ijmuiden, we saw some really cool miracles. We went to visit an older member of the ward. Her hairdresser was there as well. We were sitting and waiting for the member's haircut to finish when the member called us over. The hairdresser then began to ask a bunch of questions about evolution, god, the true church...etc. We were able to answer all of her questions and help her understand. She loved what we said and when I told her about Joseph Smith's first vision she felt something. She wanted me to explain it over again. Something touched her. After the hair cut she asked for the restoration pamphlet and promised to read it. I have never seen someone so hungry for the truth. You could see it in her eyes. I told her that I could feel her spirit and that she was a very special person. She told me that no one had ever told her that before. She was obviously touched! The sisters are going to try and get haircuts from her soon! Hopefully something comes of it! We also found someone while walking around at night. He told me that he was very interested in what we had to say...I literally had to ask him to repeat himself because no one ever says that. It was wonderful. We got his information and hopefully he can meet with the missionaries soon. 

I learned a lot this week about trusting in the Lord and trusting in his timing. Things are slow here in Amsterdam. We only have 2 investigators and not much going on. But I know that the Lord has a lot planned for Amsterdam. We have been working to get things organized within the ward and also with the missionaries. I feel like this coming week will be amazing. We have 5 referrals to look up and one of them is a Family. I am praying that miracles will happen and that the Lord will open doors! Also, it was SO warm this week! I even saw daffodils blooming! I was beyond happy! Spring is right around the corner. Also, this week I hit my year mark. I have been on my mission for a year. Not sure how time flies that fast but somehow it does. I love being a missionary and seeing all the incredible progress that I have made in the last year. I truly have changed and become a better person. I have learned so much about faith and how if we believe, anything is possible. In regards to missionary work, there is no sense in waiting for something to happen or thinking that amazing things will happen later. Miralces are happening now and now is the time for things to happen. We have to do our part to make them happen! I love Nederland!!! 

Lente is in de lucht!! 

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment