Monday, March 9, 2015

One Day at a Time

Feb. 23, 2015

Well this week was definitely harder than I anticipated and I learned a lot from it. I don't have a ton of time today so I will keep it short. 

The week started out good with a really great p-day. We went ice-skatin with the Zone. It was so much fun and my companion is a pro-skater. She skated circles around me but I am happy to report that I only fell 3 times. Improvement from the last time I went and I fell 9 times. Maybe one day I will be able to skate better...The next day was generally good but I realized that my companion was struggling a lot more than I had realized. It was honestly, a bit overwhelming because I wasn't sure how to help her or who the Lord needed me to be that day. So we spent the day talking and I tried to figure out what she needed. The next morning everything kind of fell apart. We were supposed to be leaving the apartment to meet up with other sisters to exchange and my companion just broke down. It was scary and I wasn't sure what to do. It was much worse than the day before. She was very discouraged. We talked and we decided to get down on our knees and pray that the Lord would help her know why she was here. We ended up going on exchanges which meant that I did not see my companion for 3 days. I told her to take that time to find out why the Lord had called her here because he needed her and he loved her. I have never felt so much love for anyone in my life. I could just feel how much Heavenly Father loved her and how much he had in store for her if she would just hold out. I felt the Lord truly guiding everything I told her and helping me know what she needed to hear. We did go on exchanges and I didn't see her for three days. In those three days lots happened. I had 2 sisters come to Amsterdam to work with me. I had a ton of fun with them and found some awesome people to teach. On Friday I went to a Mission Leader Council and discussed how things are going in the mission. My companion had a good 3 days. The Sisters she was with went out of their way to help her and love her. It was wonderful. My companion is doing a lot better and this whole experience has taught me a lot. It has taught me that you take one day at a time. I didn't know how to help my companion and didn't know that there was a problem. But when things unfolded the Lord helped me in exactly the way I needed. He told me exactly what to do and what to say. It was incredible. I also saw how much Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his children. He made sure that my companion was surrounded with people that loved her and could support her. The Lord guides and knows exactly what we need to go through in order to become who we need to be. The Lord has big plans for my companions. Her struggles will only make her stronger and maybe some day she will help another sister just like herself. We never know entirely why we go through the things we do. But I am learning that it doesn't matter the reason. What matters is that we trust in Heavenly Father and trust that what he is doing will be good. There were times this week when I didn't know what was going to happen. I didn't know if my companion would be okay or if I would be able to juggle everything that was being asked of me. But the Lord supported me and as I trusted in him, everything worked out. My companion is doing a lot better and I think she has overcome a lot of things. I love her more than anything and know that Heavenly Father does too. 

The work here in Amsterdam is still slow but this week we have lots planned!! The sun in shining today and I know that the future is as bright as we make it. There is lots to be done and I am ready to get to work. Never forget how important you individually are!! The Lord has a plan for each and every one of us!! 

Ik weet dat de heer van ons houdt! 

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment