Monday, August 18, 2014

The Lelystad Adventures Begin

Aug 11, 2014

What a whirlwind of a week it has been. I began the week in Breda and now am in Lelystad. Before I left Breda I got to say goodbye to almost everyone. It was really hard to leave. I love the people there! I said goodbye to Mayerlin which was one of the hardest things I've ever done. She was so sad when she found out I was being transferred. It is okay though. She got baptized on Saturday and I heard it was a wonderful baptism. She felt the spirit and it was great! I am so happy for her!!
Lelystad...where do I begin. Well I met up with my companion Zuster Heilner in the Leiden train station. While there we got a phone and two sets of keys. We had 2 bikes and 5 suitcases between the two of us. We got on the train to Lelystad with the help of the Elders going to the city next to us but didn't realize we would have to get all of our stuff off the train...alone. Thankfully, when we got to Lelystad a random stranger helped us. It was still an adventure getting everything out of the station but some how we did it. A member came and picked up our luggage, while we biked to our apartment. We got everything to our apartment! The elders who were there before us did an excellent job of cleaning up and even bought us some food! They did however...take the phone charger with them. Our phone barely survived until Friday when the Zone Leaders brought us it! The aparment is huge and so nice it is ridiculous!! The elders before us left us no investigators. We are starting from ground zero basically. We spent the next day trying to organize all the potential investigators and former investigators so we could go out and try to find people to teach. The freaky thing we discovered about Lelystad is that...they tried to make this modernized address system. It is so confusing. They name an entire area of the city and then all the streets are numbers. So for example, we have a member that lives in Schoener(the area) and she lives on street 53 in house number 43. So all the addresses are Schoener 53-43....it is so confusing. Plus the numbers don't go in any order. So once you get to a certain area...you wander around until you find the right number. It is hillarious. We have gotten lost quite a few times. I don't know if I mentioned this last week but Lelystad is only 40 years old. It used to be the Ocean but then they decided to make this area land...so now it is a city. It looks nothing like Europe...everything is super new. It is so weird.
Even though it has been a crazy adventure, we are seeing incredible miracles already! Our second day here we found 2 potential investigators, taught 2 lessons, set up 2 appointments, and recieved a referral! It was amazing! There is a set of Elders that share the city with us and they gave us one of their investigators because it is a single woman! The Lord is truly giving us work to do. It was daunting at first knowing that we literally have no appointments and knew no one but it is exciting. We are going to build up this city and see miracles happen. Our zone is pushing that every companionship will have a baptism this transfer. I know that Zuster Heilner and I can do it! This is a blessed city! I really love the people here already. The Branch is incredible and so nice. I am so excited to work with them and help them see growth! Lelystad is a family city and my dream is to bring a family into the gospel!! I am going to pray to find a family!! Zuster Heilner and I have named this transfer "A Prayer of Faith." It is going to require a lot of faith and work but I know that miracles will happen and I am so excited!!
Lelystad is amazing and I can't wait to get to work!
Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment