Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dairy Farms, More rain showers, and sunshine....FINALLY!

Aug 25, 2014

Allison and her companion, taking goofy pictures

Allison in Lelystadt

Allison and her companion Sis. Heilner

Netherlands Temple

Down on the Farm....so cute

Farmer at the farm Allison went to 

Well this past week feels like a year went by. So much happened and yet, not very much at the same time. Time is weird. Honestly, this email may be all over the place but just go with me! :)

At the beginning of this week, we met with Charlie! She is so amazing! We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she told us that she wants to be baptized and knows the church is true. She knows the Book of Mormon is true! She read a talk from Elder Holland and loved it!! She is doing so great! She has to wait until she is 18 to be baptized because her mom won't give her permission but she has a testimony!! She is so prepared!! Oh I love teaching her! Hopefully, she can come to church soon.

Wednesday, I went to Zoetemeer on exchanges! Turns out that our mission president was spending the afternoon working with us. It was awesome to work with President Robinson for the afternoon. We went to the Zoetemeer sisters investigator that owns and lives on a Dairy Farm!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! It was amazing! We got a tour of the whole thing. The Farmer has about 40 cows and he runs the whole farm pretty much by himself. There were 4 calves. They were so cute it was ridiculous. The farm has been there since before WW2! It was so old. I love old things!! I wanted to explore the whole farm and find all the nooks and crannys...but I restrained myself. President Robinson is a rancher so he was in heaven. He and Wauter talked for quite some time about the farm and the differences between America and Holland. I feel like I have had the true Dutch experience now. We also drank fresh milk. It was so good. Nothing prepared me for how good it was. I don't usually like whole milk but that milk was delicious!!

A Brony...used to live in our apartment....WHY????
Later this week, we decided we were going to bike to the "Nearby" village of Dronten. Well it turned out to be quite an adventure. First, all it ever does here in Lelystad is rain and we needed to bike quite a long ways and we couldn't be drenched. When we left our apartment, it was raining and there was a massive storm cloud coming in our direction. I was so frustrated and had had enough with the rain and getting soaked every time we went outside. I began to pray that the storm would pass and that we would have sun for the entire time we were on the bikes that day. I don't know if I have ever prayed so earnestly in my life. Within five minutes, the clouds opened and the sun came out. It proceeded to be sunny for the entire day. Some may say that it was just a coincidence but I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of me and knew that we needed to be dry. I am grateful that the Lord answered my prayer and allowed us to not be soaked. Sometimes, I find myself not having enough faith in Heavenly Father. He can do anything and will do anything, if we simply ask. I need the sun this week and he blessed me with Sunshine. We all need to be willing to ask for blessings, what ever they may be, because the Lord will give us the desire of our hearts. Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. In 3 Nephi 14: 7-11 it reads "For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Heavenly Father wants to give us good gifts and he knows exactly what we need. We simply must ask.

The trip to Dronten...turned out to be about 40 km or 24 miles in total, round trip. We decided it will be better to take the train from now on. We also didn't have a map of Dronten...so we kind of completely wandered around Dronten until we found the Streets we needed. The spirit was guiding us the whole time. We had to look up an inactive couple and was guided on a wild goose chase from a neighborhood, to a old folks home, and finally an apartment. Some how the whole day worked out and we eventually made it home. We had a dinner appointment that night in Dronten and the family said that we were the first missionaries in the 12 years that they have lived in Dronten to ever bike to their house...or Dronten. I feel honored knowing I did what no other missionaries have done...although I don't plan on repeating our 40 km bike ride. We were exhausted when we got home.

The work here is slow. We are having to re-think our ways of finding people to teach. We can't go door-to-door because there is a huge population of Jehovah Witnesses here and they hit every door at least once a week. We are going to go about serving. We are praying for opportunities and the inspiration and opportunities are beginning to surface. It is hard but we are trusting in the Lord and in his timing! I love this work! Can't wait to see what this coming week holds! We have Zone Conference, which is Always wonderful!!

Fijne Dag en Groetjes!!

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment