Monday, August 4, 2014

How great shall be your joy!

August 4th, 2014

Well turns out I am getting transfered! I am headed to Lelystaat with Sister Heilner!! We are opening the City for Sisters!! So my companion and I will both be new to the city!! Crazy!! I am very excited for a new city and new adventures! 

But my last week in Breda was the best week of my mission thus far. We have an investigator from Peru and her name is Mayerlin. About 3 months ago, Sister Spencer and I got a referral saying that there was a lady in Oosterhout(a village next to Breda) that wanted missionaries and the Book of Mormon. We were excited and went and looked her up. The first time we met her she asked us how she could be baptized. It was incredible! But in the last 3 months a lot of things have come in the way of Mayerlin being baptized. First it was that she didn't have a testimony of Joseph Smith and then her health. Most recently it was that her husband wouldn't give her permission. We were sad that she couldn't get baptized but were praying that her husband's heart would be softened and a way would be provided! This week on Thursday we were at Mayerlin's for her birthday party. It turned out to be the worst Birthday party ever...Mayerlin received a phone call that she might lose custody of her son for various reasons. It was terrible and we didn't know what to do. Mayerlin's husband came home and was very upset. They had decided before we left that they were going to go back to Peru. We left not knowing what would happen and what to expect at our lesson on Friday. At our next lesson, Mayerlin told us that they had decided to move back to Peru but that before she left she wanted to be baptized!!!!! Right then and there Bishop asked Mayerlin's husband for permission and he said she could be baptized! It was incredible! We didn't know what it would take to have Mayerlin baptized but the Lord provided a way! In that moment when we all realized that she would be getting baptized this coming Saturday, I felt the most joy I have ever felt in my life. The spirit confirmed to me that this was right. Mayerlin was beaming. My heart filled with the Joy that it talks about it D&C 18: 15-16 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" We have since gone over the baptismal questions with Mayerlin and she passed with flying colors!! :) I love this work. All the hard days are worth the joy at the end of the journey. Mayerlin's new life is just beginning and I am grateful that the Lord has allowed me to see her whole journey. I won't be at the baptism because I am getting transferred but that isn't what matters to me. What matters is that she is getting baptized and that I have been able to have the joy of the journey. This work is the Lord's. I didn't do much to help Mayerlin get to this point. It was truly the Lord's work. He made all of this possible and provided a way for her to be baptized. The incredible part is that even though this is His work, He still lets us feel His joy. I am so grateful for the joy of missionary work! It is the most fulfilling work I have ever been a part of and I am super grateful. Every hard day is worth this joy that you feel! 

Zuster Adams and Zuster Morris

I am so grateful for the city of Breda! I have learned so much here and truly become an instrument in the Lord's hand. I have gone through trials but I have also seen incredible miracles! I will miss this ward a lot. They have become my family and I can't wait to see what happens here. I am leaving Breda on Fire with work to do!! 
Now I am on to my next adventure and I can't wait to see what is in store!! Look out Lelystaat!! Here Zuster Adams Comes!!
Tot ziens Breda!

Zuster Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment