Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Be a Good Girl

Last week in the MTC...I can't believe it went so fast!! This week was AMAZING!!! Best week in the MTC so far!! I can truly say I love Dutch! I taught the best lessons I have ever taught and can honestly say without a doubt that I love being a missionary!! It is so great!!! 

This week started out with a video, I watched in one of my classes. It was a talk given by David A. Bednar at the MTC. It was about how we need to stop worrying if the spirit is guiding us and just be good boys and good girls. He said that rarely do we know before hand that we are receiving promptings. The majority will come by us just living righteously and doing what we think is best. I needed to hear that!! I had been so worried about following the spirit that I forgot that if I just do what I am supposed to the Lord will work through me. I really tried to apply that principle this week and it turned out to be absolutely amazing!! On Tuesday, I was in the middle of teaching a lesson and my companions teacher came and got me because my companion had gone back to residence and hadn't come back. Apparently, she had been gone a long time. I quickly ran back and found out that she was really sick. I ran to the Health Clinic and set her up an appointment and then stayed with her for the rest of the day. I missed all my classes and missed the Devotional Tuesday night. I was a little disappointed because I love class and I love devotionals but I am so grateful I stayed back with my companion. I needed to be there with her and I loved the opportunity to serve her. While I was with her, I really felt like she needed to receive a  blessing. I made her get up and we found her branch president. He gave her a really beautiful blessing that answered so many of her worries. It brought tears to my eyes. I love my companion so much and knowing that her prayers were answered were an answer to mine. I love serving others!! Wednesday, I committed one of my investigators to baptism!! It was so amazing and I really felt like we needed to just ask him and he accepted!! I was so excited!! We also got 6 new missionaries in our zone on Wednesday. They are all super nice and I think they are going to be a great addition to our zone!! On Thursday, I had an amazing lesson with my investigator Daniel!! I taught him about faith and how he had faith! He didn't believe me when I told him he had faith. But he had prayed in our last lesson even though he didn't know if there was a God-that is faith! I explained to him that we gain faith through small acts and read him Alma 32:21!! It was so amazing and I knew he was understanding what I was teaching him!! I felt like for the first time I was truly able to express myself in Dutch! It was an incredible experience. The other amazing part about that lesson was before my lesson I didn't really know what I was going to teach. But I trusted in the Lord and believed that I would know what to talk about when the time came. The Lord guided me through the entire lesson and helped me find the scripture Alma 32:21 in my dutch scriptures. The Lord gave me just enough knowledge and guidance to help my investigator! It was so amazing! Daniel is the investigator that things have been going so well with. I have another investigator, Hans, that I feel like nothing has gone right with until Saturday. I had been praying to know how to help him. I had been trying so hard to get it right because I had really messed up. I decided to not plan a lesson and just go in and bear my testimony because I had not felt prompted to teach Hans anything in particular. When I got in there, I asked him what he had learned from all our lessons. Hans answered so simply but told me that he didn't know very much about the Book of Mormon. I was able through the Lord's help bear testimony of the Book of Mormon. Hans said he would read the introduction and the first chapter in Nephi. It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I had finally turned things around. He also said he would come to church on Sunday too!! I was so relieved after the lesson because I had been stressing so much over this investigator. It was really neat though, after my lesson I realized what I had been doing wrong. I had been so focused on teaching Hans that I had forgotten to teach to his needs and be his friend. I had stepped back and said Heavenly Father, I don't know what I am doing, I want to help this investigator, please help me know how to do that. I forgot about the lessons and just tried to help the individual. Even though, I didn't know what I was going to say before I went in, the Lord gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it. I just needed to have faith in the Lord and faith in Hans!! I I have learned a lot about having faith in ourselves, faith in the Lord, and faith in our investigators. I learned that if I am a good girl and believe in myself then everything will work out. I don't need to worry about if I am following a prompting, I just need to live righteously and the Lord will provide a way. Ahh it was such an amazing realization!! For those of you out there that worry about anything, remember to rely on the Lord and believe in yourself!! When we rely on the Lord, live righteously, and believe in ourselves we will never go wrong!!! Yesterday, we had an amazing devotional!! I love the devotionals here and all that we learn every time!! I was asked to sing in Relief Society "l'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" in front of all the sister missionaries yesterday! It was really amazing and it went really well. Elder Conatti and I are singing a duet of "If the Savior Stood Beside Me?" at the new missionary orientation on Wednesday! Well It was an amazing week!! I wish I could say more but this gospel is true and the Lord is in charge of this work!! I love the being a missionary!!! I can't wait to work super hard this week and then get on a plane and serve the people of the Netherlands and Belgium in one week!! 

Never forget how loved you are and how much our father in Heaven loves all of you!!! 

Ik hou van u

Zuster Adams
Sisters in my Zone

Sister King and I

My Zone

Me in front of the Provo Temple

So beautiful

Elders and I

Sister King and I


Alison Curtis' roommates that I saw at the Temple

Elders messing with my camera!
Add caption

Freaking out over my travel plans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment