Saturday, January 25, 2014

Preparing for the MTC(Missionary Training Center)

Well I am in the last stretch before I enter the MTC. I have 25 days left until I report and I couldn't be more excited! I am getting kinda nervous...actually, a lot but I know it will all be fine. It has really started to hit me that I am leaving and not just leaving but leaving for 18 months...that is a long time and yet, such a short amount of time.

The church has an awesome website that helps prepare those that are called to serve missions for the MTC. Well I have been working through all the tasks like read the Book of Mormon again, go to the Temple, read the Missionary Handbook, and a few other things. One of the things they have us do is go through and watch all the episodes of the District. If you don't know what that is, it is a show that the church made of missionaries out in the field. It is unscripted and shows the life of a missionary. In the last day I have watched almost all of them. To all my friends who are preparing to serve missions, please watch all the district episodes!!! They are amazing!! Wow, I can't think of watching anything that has made me more happy and made me cry more. Not cry from sadness but from watching people's lives change and not just the investigators but from watching the missionaries change themselves. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing someone change their life for the better and find true happiness. I have seen it in my own life and I am beginning to see it more and more in the lives of others around me. Seeing those missionaries work so hard was truly inspiring. I can't wait to get out and work hard! One missionary said how happy he was and that it was weird. He couldn't explain the happiness he was feeling especially because he was so tired. I can't wait to work so hard that I am happy. I have had the great opportunity in the last couple of weeks to sit in on a few discussions the missionaries have given. It is amazing the spirit that can be felt in a room where truth is being spoken. The gospel of Christ is so powerful and it so joyful. I love it!! It has been really fun to see the desire and light in the eyes of those that are investigating the church in my ward. I am so grateful that I have had this opportunity to prepare more fully for my mission. I am so crazy excited to preach the gospel full-time. I always shared the gospel but not full-time. My Heavenly Father has given me this amazing opportunity to preach his gospel and I couldn't feel more humbled and excited to do his will.

I am really grateful that I had time to prepare for my mission. I truly believe that the Lord knew I needed some time to prepare so I am grateful for this time. It has been fun, I work with a lady from the Netherlands and every day that we are working together she tries to teach me a new word or phrase in Dutch. I'm not very good...but it is fun to learn. I do feel hopeful because I have been able to understand what she has said a few times. I know that learning Dutch is going to be an adventure but I am anxious to work hard at it and become fluent!! I am going to try enjoy these last few weeks with my family as much as possible! I won't get to see my brother for 3.5 years and that is a LONG time but we will both be doing good things so it is worth it. It is amazing how time flies. I will be in the MTC before I know it! I can't wait for what is in store and can't wait to share with you all my adventures as Zuster Adams!!

I will post as myself one more time to say that I am signing off and handing my blog over to my mom and sister! Can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment